Sunday 5 February 2012

Duke of Edinburgh asks Royal Navy girl if she works in a strip club



I once had a meeting with the Duke of Edinburgh through work. I expected to think he was awful. However, I came out of the meeting with my vaguely republican views slightly shaken as he seemed like a bizarrely entertaining kindly old uncle. Mind you, he could still be a sort of honorary uncle without being a Duke.  In the meeting he made an amusing gaffe about the paralympics, which was a common-sense enquiry that he did not mean to be offensive, it just came out that way.

I told a Daily Mirror journalist about it and she wanted to use it, I said no as I would probably lose my client, who had asked me to attend the meeting, if I did so. And to her credit she didn't, even though she asked me about it for months afterwards.

One day I'll say what it was but, in the mean time, here's a video of the naval strip-club incident to be going on with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOODzX42yaw

No comments:

Post a Comment